As part of the 2017 State Budget, the Victorian Government has announced significant changes to Stamp Duty and Land Tax.
Some of the groups who may be affected by these changes:
- Anyone who owns real estate other than their family home which is not eligible for a land tax exemption
- Owners of properties in certain councils that have been vacant for more than 6 months
- Couples that want to change the ownership structure for an investment property
- Anyone looking to purchase an investment property off the plan
- All first home buyers purchasing up to $750,000
- First home buyers in regional Victoria